There’s more to your content marketing strategy than your content. You also need brand visibility, repeat traffic, social media marketing, and other factors.
The following 5 key components will help ensure that you put your content to good use. When you spend time or money generating content, you don’t want it to be wasted. Pay attention to these 5 components:
1. The first component is brand visibility. This includes awareness and familiarity. When customers see your content, they should be able to immediately recognize it as coming from your website. The easiest way to achieve this is with branding. This means adding your logo, using the same color scheme that you use on your website, and making sure that your brand name is prominently displayed.
2. You need website traffic. Otherwise, how’s anyone going to find your content? This includes referral traffic and repeat traffic. Referral traffic lets you know that people are linking to your content or talking about it on social media. If you’re not getting any referral traffic, you need to incorporate social media marketing. Share links to your content on social media. This should help get the ball rolling.
3. Every piece of content that you create needs a call to action. It doesn’t matter if this call to action directs the visitor to a product page or to a lead magnet. The goal of your content is to get visitors move onto the next step and further along your sales funnel. If you’re targeting first-time visitors, you’ll want to capture their email address with a lead magnet. Additional content should offer more insight into the benefits of using your products or services.
4. Diversify your content marketing strategy. Use multiple marketing channels to deliver your content. At the base of the marketing strategy, you should use blogs on your website. This will help you build backlinks and increase traffic to your site. Marketing channels will help you attract a larger audience. Take advantage of video marketing, social media, and email as additional methods of delivering content.
5. The final, and most important, component of content marketing is the content itself. If you want to run a successful content marketing campaign, the content needs to offer real value to your target market. Don’t waste people’s time with content that doesn’t inform or educate. Before creating content, you should decide on the topic. Every paragraph should contribute to this topic. Don’t stray from your initial message. If you find that you’ve got more to say or that you begin to discuss additional topics, then save this extra information for future content.
Your content marketing strategy starts with brand visibility. When people see your video, a downloadable guide, a blog post, or any other content, they should immediately connect it with your brand. This builds recognition and awareness. You also need to focus on website traffic and calls to action. Make sure that you use multiple marketing channels. Above all else, focus on the quality of your content.
Put these tips into action. Revitalize your content marketing strategy by working on these 5 areas. If you’d like to have access to even more powerful marketing tips, as well as a way to generate conversion-ready Internet marketing prospects each month, click here to learn about my done-for-you system.