(Credit Photo: Ali Raza)
This video explains the 4 steps to increasing the “Return of Investment” (ROI) of any PPC Adwords campaign. Choice of keywords, using multiple ads, changing target location/region and avoiding making too many changes all at once are the 4 solutions to improving any online marketing campaign. This also disproves the notion that PPC ad campaigns are dead since it’s still an effective tool in generating high-converting traffic.
(Credit Photo: Wicket Good Web)
1. Start With Your Choice of Keywords
• This is a fundamental part of your ad campaign. • Use keywords with commercial intent. • Find keywords or phrases that contain the intent to buy.
Examples of Keywords That Show Intent:
• Examples of keywords that show intent are buy, purchase, discounts, deals, free shipping and prices.
• If people are including these terms in their searches, then their intent is likely to make a purchase.
• They aren’t looking for articles or information but looking to buy something.
2. Look for Transactional Terms
• The keywords you use should indicate some intention of completing a transaction.
• You can add transactional terms in addition to existing keywords.
• However, once you do this, use the Google Adwords Keyword Planner to research the new keywords and check their search volume and cost per click.
Click here to download whole list Transaction words
(Small sample list)
3. Use Multiple Ads
• Each campaign should have multiple ads with the same landing page.
• This makes it easy to compare what works and what doesn’t.
• Example: Create a text ad for a new product • Create 4 or 5 variations of the same ad with different headlines and ad copy.
4. Each Ad Should Have The Same Settings Other Than The Actual Ad Copy
• You can then compare the results of each ad within the same campaign.
• After you’ve compared the results, you can get a better sense of what worked best.
• Not only should you look at the click-through rate, but also the conversion rates of the traffic per ad.
5. Gain Insight And Improve Your Campaign With A Bit of Research
• When you notice major differences between multiple ads for the same landing page, look at the details of the ads.
• Determine what you did differently with each ad that resulted in different results.
• This allows you to learn more about the process.
6. Change Your Target Location Or Region
• If you’ve done your research, you might notice higher conversion rates from prospects in one area than another.
• If this is the case, start targeting locations with higher conversion rates with more ads.
•Increase your spending in these regions and decrease your spending in others.
7. Avoid Making Too Many Changes At Once
When adjusting or trying to fine-tune the results of your campaign, you should only be making one or two changes at a time. Allow your changes to take effect. Don’t rush the process. Wait several days to gather enough data to properly analyze the effects of your changes.
8. Analyzing Your Google Adwords PPC Campaign Is Not Difficult
1. Start by reviewing your keywords. Consider using transactional terms in your keyword phrases.
2. Use multiple ads. Adjust your spending in specific regions. Avoid making too many changes at once.
3. Take time to pay attention to your results. Make small changes based on the data.